The City of Huntington Beach hosted its second annual CommUNITY Picnic on Saturday, August 20, at the bandstand in Huntington Central Park. The CommUNITY Picnic began in 2020 to engage, embrace, and celebrate Huntington Beach’s richly diverse community.
This free event allowed attendees to experience music and dance from a vast array of different cultures, engage with multiple speakers and community activists, enjoy various food options from unique multi-cultural food trucks, and visit multiple informational booths hosted by local nonprofit organizations.
The event featured local exciting multi-cultural dance and music performances by:
- Tupua Polynesian Entertainment presented by Tupua Productions,
- Taiko Japanese Drumming presented by the OCO Youth non-profit organization,
- Las Estrellas Dance (featuring Folklorico Dance) presented by the Orange County School of the Arts,
- Native American Dance presented by RedBoy Productions, and
- Reggae and Steel Drums presented by Lamour and the Mystik Band.
A huge thank you to all of our community collaborations who helped make this event possible.
We hope to see you and your family at the next CommUNITY Picnic. Stay tuned for more exciting programs and events by following the Community & Library Services Department’s social media platforms.