Huntington Beach City Hall and other City facilities will be reopening for in-person services beginning Wednesday, February 16, 2022.
On Tuesday, January 4 2022, the City of Huntington Beach joined other coastal cities temporarily closing City Hall and other City facilities due to the substantial increase of COVID-19 cases. While most City services remained in place, in-person services were unavailable. Effective Wednesday, February 16, 2022, the following in-person services will once again be available:
- Permit Center: In-person services will be available, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., excluding holidays. Residents and businesses are still encouraged to utilize the online Permit Center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Staff is available to assist via phone at (714) 536-5241, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Passports: In-person passport services will be available by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Payment Center: In-person payments will be accepted at City Hall, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Huntington Beach Police Station Lobby: The Huntington Beach Police Department (HBPD) has continued to provide critical public safety services (patrol, custody, and investigations) at normal staffing levels. The HBPD front lobby will reopen for in-person services, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Online police services will remain available. Reports may be taken over the phone at (714) 960-8811.
- Beach Parking Pass Sales: The sale and distribution of beach parking passes will be available in-person at 103 Pacific Coast Highway, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Public Meetings: All in-person board and commission meetings may resume as scheduled.
The City’s parks and beaches have remained open. The City’s community centers, libraries and other community facilities have remained open for contract classes. Drop-in activities at the Senior Center in Central Park and the City Gym and Pool with resume February 22, 2022.
Face masks are required within City facilities for individuals who are not fully vaccinated and in youth settings.