In 2021, the City of Huntington Beach initiated the Downtown Huntington Beach Urban Design Study to explore ideas to enhance and reimagine Downtown, including how to make the area more pedestrian-friendly, improve connectivity, and provide more public space for visitors, locals, and families. Working with a design consultant, Studio One Eleven, the City is seeking community input to help envision future streetscape and placemaking improvements that are meaningful to the local identity of Downtown Huntington Beach.
What are Downtown’s authentic community attributes? What are your dreams for the future of Downtown? Your input is needed! Please join us and participate in any of the following Downtown Dreamin’ community engagement sessions:
“Share Your Downtown Story” Session (Pre-registration required)
Participate in a storytelling session about HB’s history, culture, and environment as it relates to Downtown. The City desires to tell an authentic story about our past and present, and we need your help sharing with us your unique knowledge about our great City. Al Zelinka, City Manager, will facilitate these storytelling sessions with staff assistance.
- Monday, August 29th (Coming Soon – Story Highlights)
- Monday, September 12th from 1:30pm -3:30pm at Main Street Library (525 Main Street) – RSVP HERE
- Monday, September 19th from 5:00pm – 7:00pm at Main Street Library (525 Main Street) – RSVP HERE
- Monday, September 26th from 5:00pm – 7:00pm at Main Street Library (525 Main Street) – RSVP HERE
Pop-Up Booth at Surf City Nights
Visit with City staff and Studio One Eleven and share your vision for Downtown. We will be hosting a pop-up booth at Surf City Nights and want to hear your input on the biggest opportunities, challenges, and needs for our Downtown. Don’t miss this great opportunity!
- Tuesday, September 13th from 5:00pm -9:00pm – Corner of Main Street + Olive Avenue
Downtown Walk-About (Pre-registration required)
Meet City staff and Studio One Eleven for a walk-about on Main Street where we’ll separate into small groups and review the existing physical improvements, seek input on what you like and don’t like, and gather thoughts for future amenities and improvements.
- Wednesday, September 14th from 10:00am – 12:00pm – Corner of Main Street + Orange Avenue
- Wednesday, September 14th from 5:00pm – 7:00pm – Corner of Main Street + Orange Avenue
Downtown Dreamin’ Input Recap (Pre-registration required)
This recap meeting will share feedback received to-date and discuss ways that the feedback can be manifested into future design and physical improvements. *Pre-registration is required to participate in the in-person session.
- Monday, October 3rd from 2:00pm – 4:00pm at Main St. Library (525 Main Street)
- RSVP HERE or ZOOM LINK (coming soon)
For questions about the project, please call 714.536.5582 or email [email protected].